The Ultimate Top 10 List of Stock Market Tips!
by Bulls and Bears
1) Never get married to a stock (it's merely a vehicle to get paid)
2) Don't make emotional decisions (rather, make logical choices)
3) Don't get greedy (that's nothing but trouble)
4) There's a reason why blue chip stocks are blue chip (it's an investment, not a gamble)
5) Diversify your portfolio and don't put all your eggs in one basket
6) The most important indicators are: psychology, P/E ratio, history, volume, trends, company management and industry (these will cover about 90%)
7) Listening to other people isn't always a good idea (they often know what you do)
8) Always leave yourself a cash buffer (inevitably you will have to buy-down)
9) Avoid borrowing money to invest (that can be very dangerous when interest kicks in)
10) Know when to cut your loses (sometimes it takes a smarter man to walk away)
These are some of the most important rules that I've learned over the years. I hope it helps!
Editor's Comment: An impressive list! Thank you for your thoughts. It isn't easy to disagree with these either. It might seem silly to mention, but we presume that you have quite a few years of investing experience under your belt already. In which case, some of these tips will have been learned the 'hard way'.
Thanks again and best wishes. Go Canada!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Best Stock Investment Tip.